This dark sauce takes advantage of chocolate's affinity for red wine. Enjoy a double wallop of healthy benefits from the combination of darkchocolate and red wine. The flavonoids in the two help to reduce blood pressure and improve bad cholesterol.
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 sachet Mulling Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Discard sachet. Add cocoa and corn syrup, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool to room temperature.
- 80 (12% from fat)
- 1.1g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.4g,poly 0.0g)
- Yield: 2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
- tag:Healthu diet-Dark Chocolate Mulled Wine ,Healthu diet-Dark Chocolate Mulled Wine ,